Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our New House

We moved this year. On Memorial Day to be exact. Mike and I spent months looking for a good deal. We found quite a few houses and put down around 5 offers. We of course we trying to aim low but still be seen as a serious buyer. The hard part is, you have to be willing to walk away because the second you get attached to a house then, you no longer care about the good deal. You just want "your" house.

We found a house in Roy we really liked on 4800 and the bank started counter offering with us. Mike and I both loved the yard, it was enormous and the kitchen was amazing. We had to walk away.

A couple weeks later I found a house I really liked. It just felt right! I wanted it. Dangerous. It was just off the main road (3500 West) but in a great new neighborhood with well manicured lawns. I couldn't believe we found a HUD home in this neighborhood. The inside left much to be desired and the lawn was weeds but the bones of the house were GREAT! We put down what we thought was a decent offer and our Realtor said we had a good chance but that there were other offers. The asking price on the home was $200,000. We offered $192,750. We didn't get it. I was devastated. I knew that was my house and it crushed me.

A couple weeks later Mike was driving by the house and got the same impression that I previously had. This was our house. Two days later our Realtor called and said the offer that got accepted fell through and we were the next offer in line. Did we still want the house? Duh! Where and when can we sign.

This is the view from my kitchen window. Beautiful!


Our new house, 3620 W 5225 S, Roy, UT



 Like I said there was a lot of work to do before we could move in. So...We set up base camp.


 And we got to work. We had to do everything from changing door knobs, painting every wall in the entire house, new baseboards, patching and repairing, taking out mold and re-sheet rocking, painting doors, replacing doors, ripping up old flooring, replacing the floors, and replacing the whole gutter system. It was no small task and we are so grateful to all our friends and family that helped us get the work done.

I think Jaren and Ozzy look ready to help, don't you?


New door knobs


 Fixing the rain gutters


I don't think pink is going to work for us, this is a redo


The boys repainted the downstairs bedroom for us, I think this is a redo too.


Painting


The pink room transformed


more painting, master bedroom


more painting, family room


and even more painting, kitchen


I left out all the closets, halls, bathrooms, entry, stairs, and other bedrooms that we painted. I am exhausted from painting just typing about it.

Here comes the flooring. This is my favorite part of our whole house! I love our floors.




 And the finished look



I feel so blessed to be here. I love our ward, the neighborhood, and having so much space! I could live here for the next 20 years easily. Now the next task for spring 2013 will be finishing the basement and getting the sprinkler system and yard in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment