Saturday, July 13, 2013

Things from the past

I had written these on an old blog but I wanted to make sure they get put in the family scrap books so I am reposting them to this blog.

Ozzyism

Ozzy: Hey Mom
Mom: Yea Babe?
Ozzy: Its is freezing hot out here!


Jaren's Prayer

I am constantly telling the boys how grateful I am for them. I think they are amazing and feel truly blessed to have them in my life. I often wonder what I did right to deserve these three little gifts from God. Tonight I volunteered to give family prayer but Jaren insisted that he wanted to do it. This is as close to word for word as I can remember,

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please help me remember my Plinko money so I can play Plinko at school tomorrow. I will be really sad if I forget. Please help Tyler be quiet and listen to the prayer I am saying. Thank you for this day and Heavenly Father I just wanted to let you know that I am really grateful you gave me my family, I think they are the best. I know we can love and serve each other. I really love them. And thats all I really wanted to tell you tonight. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Jarenism

After Jaren’s party we took quite a few balloons with us and had them floating around our van. We stopped at a friends house later that day and a balloon flew up into the sky. We watched it until it was a tiny spec and then went about our business.

A couple days later we see another balloon that had escaped and was mostly deflated in our yard at home. Jaren looks at me and asks, “Mom, do you remember the green balloon that flew away?”
Mom, “sure do buddy, what do you think happened to it?”
Jaren, “I bet Jesus popped it.”

Jaren Turns 7

Jaren is such a great brother! He was definitely born in the right pecking order. He knows how to be a big brother and is such a great example. I love his tender ways and the ability he has to negotiate. I always tell him most everything is negotiable and he has listened and learned. :) We have also been working on being brave and having courage so we can get the most out of life. He applied this theory the other day at McDonald’s when he didn’t get the toy he wanted. He marched right up to the counter and came back with the toy he was looking for. “Look mom,” he says. “I was brave and it wasn’t too scary and now I have the best one.”

For the record. Jaren did bowl a strike without the metal rails (the bumpers were up but the ball didn’t hit those either) We were whooping and hollering for quite some time. Jaren was perma grin!

Ozzy Hits 5

I am so grateful for this little boy!
The things I love most about this little man:
1. He doesn’t have to be asked twice to do things. He jumps on it the very first time I ask.
2. He loves to smother me with hugs and kisses and tell me how much he loves me.
3. He catches on to things really quickly whether its picking up a new Wii game, coordination things like sports, or math and reading. He is just a huge sponge!

No comments:

Post a Comment